Protect your Business, Employees and Customers
Providing health and safety information and training helps you to:
- Ensure you or your employees are not injured or made ill by the work they do.
- Develop a positive health & safety culture, where safe & healthy working becomes second nature to everyone.
- Find out how you could manage health and safety better.
- Meet your legal duty to protect the health & safety of your employees.
Effective Workplace Health and Safety Training:
- Will contribute towards making your employees competent in health and safety.
- Can help your business avoid the distress that accidents and ill health cause.
- Can help you avoid the financial costs of accidents and occupational ill health.
It’s all too easy to overlook the costs associated with inadequate workplace safety training, and forget that most insurance policies don’t cover all losses. Damaged products, lost production and de-motivated staff can all result when health and safety training is not made a priority.
What the Law States
The Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 requires you to provide whatever information, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure, so far as reasonably practicable, the health and safety at work of your employees.
This is expanded by the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, which identify situations where health and safety training is particularly important, for example:
- When people start work
- On exposure to new or increased risks
- Where existing risks and existing skills may have become rusty or need updating
Putting effective safety training in place needn’t be a headache. We provide a comprehensive range of training to suit all kinds of businesses and budgets, from online E-Learning to workplace and classroom based training.
Find out how can Wirehouse help you with your training needs, get in touch with our Health and Safety team today.
Article written by Paul O’Connor, Wirehouse Health and Safety Consultant