This is a job description for a Database Administrator.
Database Administrator Duties
- To provide a range of clerical duties including photocopying, sending faxes, filing, message taking, sending emails, covering receptionist duties when needed, dealing with post, typing etc.
- To respond to routine correspondence and enquiries from clients, potential clients and other members of staff, by telephone, email and written communication..
- To deal with all client contact effectively, and courteously, in line with the Company’s policies and procedures.
- To maintain manual and computerised systems including inputting data, keeping records, statistics, confidential and general filing systems as directed.
- To monitor and co-ordinate and update databases including the Wirehouse bespoke Database system, E-Learning system and the Accident Reporting System.
- To co-ordinate free advice trial users.
- To assist with the setup of new and renewal business contracts, communicating information to all employees, setting up clients on databases, updating spreadsheets, maintaining client information and monitoring KPI’s of service delivery. To co-ordinate new and renewal business contracts during absence / holiday cover.
- To assist in the collation of client information to prepare renewal packs for client care managers.
- Letter and email preparation
- Any other appropriate duties under the direction of the Line Manager
The sucessful applicant must be:
Smartly turned out and professional. Motivated, sociable and able to work as part of a team.
Database Administrator Requirements
- At least 1 years work experience working in an administration role.
- Be IT literate, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, Excel etc.
- Organised, efficient and used to working to deadlines in a demanding environment.
- Reporting into the Finance & Admin Director.
Salary: Up to £22k depending on experience
Hours: 42.5 hours per week between the office hours of 8.00am and 6.00pm
Location: Office-based – St James Business Centre, Warrington.
Benefits: Healthcare Scheme, Pension Scheme. 22 days holiday rising to 24 plus Bank Holidays plus opportunity to purchase 5 extra days plus your Birthday off. Also free breakfast on a Monday morning.
Think you have the right skills to apply for the role of Wirehouse Database Administrator? Send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively call Sue Malley on 033 33 215005 for an informal chat. No recruiters please.