Employment Law Consultant
Job Description/Person Specification
We offer excellent salary levels and benefits. Your starting salary will be dependent on qualifications and relevant experience. We also offer private health care, bonus and referral schemes, generous annual leave entitlements with an additional day off on your birthday each year and the right to take additional unpaid leave.
We are a growing HR, Employment Law, GDPR and Health & Safety Consultancy firm offering UK-wide support to employers from every sector and of every size. We supply bespoke documentation, provide practical and commercial advice on HR issues, including consultancy and training and represent employers in tribunals.
We are not a call centre and do not seek to replicate a call centre environment.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
A strong knowledge of all areas of Employment Law & HR preferably with the ability to deliver consultancy work and training, both face to face and remotely.
The ability to manage a range of different types of client meetings.
Practical experience of advising and guiding companies through complex HR issues. A self-motivated individual capable of working with autonomy to manage our clients’ HR requirements.
Good interpersonal skills, proficient in forming effective relationships internally and externally.
Good drafting skills, able to support clients with letter writing and bespoke documentation as and when required.
Educated to A level standard you will preferably hold a law degree or be CIPD qualified, but we will consider applications from all candidates with relevant experience providing advice on Employment Law and HR issues.
Applications are particularly welcome if you are currently working in an Employment Law/HR Consultancy environment.
What does the role involve?
- Primarily to provide commercially aware telephone and email advice and support to clients across industry sectors on a range of issues across Employment Law and HR.
- Drafting of documents to support advice given.
- Providing on-site advice and support to deal with more difficult or contentious issues.
- Delivering HR and Employment Law training and webinars, both remotely and in person (optional)
- Production of employment law updates.
- Delivering a wide variety of HR consultancy work, remotely and/or in person (optional)
- Any other reasonable duties as directed by the Head of Employment Law and Advice Line Manager.
Locations: Head office is Warrington based, but we welcome applicants from across the UK, to work either from home or using a hybrid model.
Job Type: Full-time/Part-time, Permanent
Salary dependent on experience but will range from £28K to £41K.
- 33 days annual leave, rising to 35 after 3 years
- Your birthday off work
- The opportunity to purchase extra leave
- Private health care subsidies
- Commission and bonus opportunities